Nikhil D. Kohad
Student, Department of Business Management,
Jhulelal Institute of Technology.
Dr. Surekha Jichkar
Assistant Professor, Department of Business Management,
Jhulelal Institute of Technology, Nagpur
The research project entitled “Study of Manpower Training and Development as a Policy Tool for Organisational Effectiveness.” is an attempt to understand the opinion and attitudes of the various categories of employees of the Raymond Ltd., towards the maintenance of effectiveness of Training services provided by the Company. The data was collected through well structured questionnaires. The book and articles of various authors are referred to find out the kind of methods which are suited for rating in job satisfaction level. training and development leads to improved profitability and more positive attitude towards profit orientation, improve the job knowledge and skills at all the levels of the organizations, improve the morale of the workplace and helps the employees to identify their organizational goals at Raymond Ltd.
The research design used for this study is descriptive in nature. The methods of data collection for the study include both primary and secondary data. The primary data were collected through questionnaire by conducting personal interview with the employees. The source of secondary data was company profiles and websites. A sample of 120 employees helped to analyze their satisfaction level and provide valuable suggestions. The statistical tool used for analyzing and interpreting the opinions of the employees and the tool includes simple percentage analysis and hypothesis testing. The results were presented with the help of different charts and diagrams. Findings of the study were drawn from the analyzing of data’s, suggestions and conclusions have been made based on the findings.
Keywords:- Employee Training & Development, Organizational Effectiveness, Employees Performance& Productivity, Organizational Strategy.
Introduction to Training and Development
Training and Development is the framework for helping employees to develop their personal and organizational skills, knowledge, abilities, and attitude. Training and development play an important role in the effectiveness of organisations and to the experiences of people in work. . Training has implications for productivity, health and safety at work and personal development. All organisations employing people need to train and develop their staff. Most organisations are cognisant of this requirement and invest effort and other resources in training and development. Such investment can take the form of employing specialist training and development staff and paying salaries to staff undergoing training and development. This means they are required to give less attention to activities that are obviously more productive in terms of the organisation’s main business. However, investment in training and development is generally regarded as good management practice to maintain appropriate expertise now and in the future.
- To examine the effectiveness of training in overall development of skills of workforce.
- To study the changes in employees behavioral pattern due to training.
- To examine the impact of training on the workers’ productivity.
- To compare the cost effectiveness in implementing training programs.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY:-
- The study is conducted to know the level of knowledge and skills given to the employees in the organization.
- This study will help the management student’s to prepare their own report.
- This will help the management to know the satisfaction level of employees and they can take measure to increase productivity.
- To know the expectation of the employees towards training and development programs.
Research methodology is a systematic way to solve research problems. Researcher has to design his methodology. Research methodology deals with research methods and takes into consideration the logic behind the method .It also deals with objective of research study, the method of defining the problem, type of data collected, methods used for collecting and analyzing data. It also deals with objective of research study; the method is defining the problem type of data collected and the methods used for collecting the data. The research processes that will be adopted in the present study consist of the following stages.
Defining the problem and the research objective
- Developing the research plan.
- Collection of data.
For any statistical enquiry the collection of data or information is done through principle sources identically i.e., by primary sources and secondary sources of data.
- Primary Data
Primary data isdata that is collected by a researcher from first-hand sources, using methods like surveys, interviews, or experiments. It is collected with the research project in mind, directly from primary sources.
- Secondary Data
The secondary data collection from the company as well as through some websites (www.raymond.in)
- Training programmes helped the organization to achieve its objectives.
- Training will also contribute to the personal growth of the employee.
- In the organization more training programme are provided to the new staff and also as per the requirement.
- The organization considers the training as a part of organization strategy.
- Training programs have positive impact on performance of employees at workplace.
The Study throws light on the effectiveness of training and development programmes being conducted in Raymond Ltd. based on the findings, the management can redesign and develop new modules in the training and development programme, so that ultimately the resources of employees are utilized at optimum level. Training is an incomparable resource among the resources of the universe “no training and no development”. Therefore, training and development is a part of any organization in the world. The new millennium will be one of knowledge and competition. The Raymond Ltd. shall therefore endeavor to make every employees job an existing one with adequate opportunities for personal development. Whenever a need for knowledge request arises in the system the organization should take steps to update the knowledge and skill of the employees by organizing training programmes. Effective training and development evaluation strategies are required to measure change in individual, and team in respect of organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Gary Dessler (2003), Human Resource Management, 10th Edition, Pearson Education, New Delhi,
- Bhaskar chattargee (1996), Human Resource Management Contemporary Text, Sterling Publishers, New Delhi.
- Biswajeet Pattanayak (2001), Human Resource Management, Prentice-Hall of India Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi.
- K. Aswathappa (2002), Human Resource Management, Tata Mcgraw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd.