Nikita S. Mane1, Prachi L. Kamble2, Ranjit R. Barade3, Shivani V. Saratkar4, Dr.. P. D. Khandait5
1,2,3,4Student, Department of Electronics Engineering, K.D.K.C.E, Nagpur, India
5Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics Engineering, K.D.K.C.E, Nagpur, India
DC motor plays an important role in various industries. In this paper, we have present a system to provide protection, control and monitoring the condition of DC motor. We have used Arduino uno and various sensors like current , voltage and temperature sensor so, we can continuously monitoring the motor condition with the reference of IOT. The monitoring and protection can avoid various faults like short circuit faults thermal overload and motor can give better performance.
Keywords – Arduino UNO, Control , Monitoring, protection,sensor,etc.
.In the evolution of electrical technology, the DC motor were widely used different industrial applications. The performance of induction motor depends upon the above electrical parameters. So the continues monitoring of induction motor is needed for safe and reliable operation of industrial induction motors. To ensure the reliable operation of induction motors. Recent advancement techniques are used. Due technology development the monitoring and controlling are done automatically. Internet of things is recent development to control and monitoring the motor from remote location. The reliability of motor is obtained by continuous monitoring of electrical and mechanical parameters. If any abnormal value of electrical parameter factor detected, the motor is controlled automatically motor is suddenly turn off to reduce the severe faults.
2.1 Components are used and represented in the form of Block Diagram
In this block diagram there are total four major blocks:
- Temperature sensor LM35
- 16*2 Display
- Power Supply
- WI-FI Module
LM35 Temperature sensor – LM35 is a temperature measuring device having analog output voltage proportional to the temperature. It provides output voltage in centigrade(Celsius). It does not require any external calibration circuitry. The sensitivity of LM35 is 10mv/degree Celsius. As temperature increases , output voltage also increases. It is 3-termnal sensor used to measure surrounding temperature ranging from -55 C to 150C. LM35 gives temperature output which is more precise than thermistor output.
LCD Sensor – In this work 16*2 LCD display is used for continuously display a data which is acquired from sensors. the display contains 16 pins. supply of 5V is given across the anode and cathode display. Pins 3,4 and 5 are connecting two pot, for change the brightness of the LCD display .the LCD contains 8 data pins and 2 control pins. By programming the process, the data is continuously displayed in the LCD screen. To interface LCD display to Arduino 4 display pins, 2 control pins and 2 supply wires must be connected to Arduino. And also the additional requirement of smooth motors operation is displayed.
Power Supply circuit – Power supply is the circuit from which we get a desired dc voltage to run the other circuits. The voltage we get from the main line is 230V AC but the other components of our circuit require 5V DC using a rectifier. The output of rectifier contains some repulse even though it is a DC signal due to which it is called as pulsating DC. To remove ripple in output voltage the filter circuit is required. Here a capacitor is used. The 12V DC is rated down to SV using a positive voltage regulator chip 705. Thus, a fixed DC voltage of 5V is obtained.
WI-FI Module(ESP8266): ESP8266 is a WIFI module (fig 6), used for wireless communication. It is interfaced with micro controller (Arduino) by connecting 5 pins. It needs two 3.3 volt supplies and 1 ground to operate . Also this module requires two soft serial ports. the data acquired by the Arduino and process and send to server by using ESP8266 . ESP8266 require additional library file to operate . by programming the micro controller the data is updated every second. It has advantage over Bluetooth module . the data is send to the remote location ESP8266 work depends upon the AT commands.
THINGS SPEAK : It is a platform providing various services exclusively targeted for building gate plot applications. It offers the capabilities of real time data collections , visualizing the collected data in the forms of charts , ability to create plug in and apps for collaborating with web services , social network and other API’s . The features of given below , the element of a thingspeak is a ‘Thingspeak’ private channel . the channel is created for our usages , there many numbers of fields are available which is use for purpose of storing data that is send from Arduino .
- 8 fields for storing data of any type -these can be used to store the data from it sensor or from an embedded device .
- In this work the 6 fields are use in the private channel .
- Relay – The 5v relay is use in the proposed work 5v relay is directly connected to the Arduino. Pulse from the Arduino is given to relay , the output of relay is a input of contractor if any abnormal condition is detected by the Arduino from acquired data the command is given Arduino to relay to open the contractor . in this work single poles single throw switch relay is used . the relay has the 5 pins NO (normally open) , NC(normally close) , 5v , GND and common pin . there is no need of external itself , Arduino is provide to enough supply to relay . the relay is work on the principle of electromagnetism , when supply to relay it act as a electromagnet and change the state of the switch . the supply is given to Arduino is independent of the supply which to be turn on and turn off.
- Methdology – The power supply is turn on , the Arduino and all the interface components get the required supply sensor unit sensing the corresponding motor parameters and feed to the Arduino . Arduino reads the data from various sensors and analysis according to the given instruction then sends the sensor information to LCD and gateaway.through wifi. In parallel , Arduino reads the commands from internet and provide control signals to the relay via contractor , which will control the induction motor . the sensor information are displayed visually server. The Induction motor control is based on the sensed parameter and in manual mode the control is based on alert message received from the web. The control is done by relay and conductor circuit. The motor is turn ON/OFF when abnormal value is detected.
- This circuit is simple to use and efficient.
- It is consumed less space.
- It is cheap and hence very economical.
Applications of Spectrum Analyser
- Adjustable speed drive and constant speed for improveing quality product.
- The circuit shown here control a signal DC motor with independent speed and direction controls.
In this project the concept of Internet of Things for early detection and monitoring of motor system failures remotely. The system has the ability to combine various sensed parameter in real time and improve accurate detection of different faults occur in motor. The monitoring of the motor system present the measurement of different parameter namely vibration of the motor, temperature, speed, surrounding humidity, supply voltage and motor current. Thus compared to other conventional methods this system has more number of fields which enables alarm, alert message and quick controlling. The concept of IoT is presented here for remote monitoring and controlling the motor. By using visual basics the data received for the controller node represented by graphically. The data is also displayed serially. The work is updated to extra fields for precious control. The application of the system is needed today for every electrical system. The system has specific advantage less maintenance, easy and quick controlling and accessing of data remotely. Experimental results confirm the feasibility of the implementation of the system.
- Shital kalbhande , Prof. Ankita “protection and monitoring of single phase induction motor from over voltage , under voltage, single phasing , phase reversal and overheating ” IRJET (international research journal of engineering and technology ) volume 4 issue -january 2017.
- P.Zhang , T.G. habelter , B. Lu An active stator temperature estimation technique for thermal protection of inverted fed induction motors with consideration of impaired cooling detection, electric machine and driver conference , IEEE(institute electrical electronics engineering ), ’09, 2009.
- Shymala.D “IOT platform for condition monitoring of industrial motors” (2014):
- Z.Gao, T.G. Habetler ,R.G. Harley, and R.S. Colby,”A sensorless Adaptive stator winding Temperature Estimator for Mains-Fed induction machines with contionous -Operation periodic duty cycles,”Industry applications ,IEEE Transactions on, 2008.
- Dr. Ashok kausagar , Dr.S.F.Kodad “AI based design of fuzzy logic scheme for speed control of induction motor using SVPWM technique” power electronics Hydrabad-85,Andrapradesh,India.2017
- Shital S. Kalbande, Vaishali M. Kamble, Priyanka G. Kale, Prof. Ankita “Protection and monitoring of three phase induction Motor from over voltage ,single phasing , Phase reversal and over Heating- A Review” ,IRJET Volume -4 Issue – January 2017.
- K. S. Varsha, P. Surdarshan Palaniappan, S. Susmithaa and M. Prabhu Raj “Speed and Direction Control of DC Motor Using Arduino Mobile Application,”IJESC,2017.
- Khan Masoom Raza, Mohd. Kamil and Pushpendra Kumar, “Speed Control of DC Motor By using PWM,” IJARCCE ,2016.
- “Induction Motor Protection System” Bachelors Thesis, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Management.2016.
- Vikram Singh, Abhishek Gupta, Ankit Gupta “Induction Motor Protection System “, Imperial journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR) 2017.