.1Bhagyashree Wath, 2Tejaswini Thakre, 3Ruchi Borkar, 4Chetan Sakarde, 5Dr. R.A. Burange.
1Bhagyashreewath123@gmail.com, 2 firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Department Of Electronics Engineering, K.D.K. College Of Engineering, Nagpur Maharashtra, India
In this 21st century saving and monitoring of water flow is most imperative due to its shortage; particularly during the summer season. The system for water billing using flow sensor is proposed to tackle the problem of water monitoring and saving. The system is also integrated with automated GSM message service if the flow sensors send high end flow data. It also has the integrated system of water monitoring which can be further used for data processing and estimating the water resources. The billing development involves receiving billing report from a variety of networks, formative the billing rates associated with the billing records, calculate the cost for each billing record, aggregating this records periodically to produce invoices, sending invoices to the customer, and collecting payments received from the customer. The overall maintenance cost of these systems is smaller and the results will be helpful and optimistic.
Keywords: Arduino, GSM Module, flow sensor, 16*2 LCD.
The present digital era is focusing on smart city applications based on Internet of Things (IoT), Wi-Fi, etc. This work focuses on fresh automation techniques based on Android system for water billing system. Sustainability of Available water resource in many region of the world is now a staid issue. This problem is silently related to scare use of water and integrated water mismanagement. Water is broadly used for agriculture, industry and domestic consumption. The water monitoring is main constraint for the different applications of human being. The unnecessary wastage of water can be controlled by applying small charges which is manageable by poor people. People who use large amount of water are equated to those who use less quantity of water and they superfluous pay extra money for water usage. Present manual water billing systems are costly and having other disadvantages like missing of water bill. Also user has to wait till the end of the quarter to know water usage and the water bill. Human error associated with physically operated system, improper bill creation, Bill availability and payment process which are time consuming activities, Wastage of water in process of manually operated Water pump, these are the troubles that lead to the development of a “Water Billing System”. In this Paper, a low-priced water flow meter is proposed, which measures flow rate of water passed through the water supply pipe of particular user and bills are formed according the flow rate of that particular user. This provides control on usage of water per user without disturbing or increasing cost of other user. The time limit is given to the user to pay bill within limit, else the water flow is closed by admin until bill is paid.
II PROPOSED SYSTEM
Fig.2.1 shows our proposed system block diagram. The electronic water meter has a water flow sensor used to sense the flow of water, and then this value is in use by the microcontroller to compute its equivalent water utilization volume. The total water utilization displays continuously on the LCD, while the monthly water utilization is sent wirelessly to the base station using a gsm. In the receiving receiver computer at the base station receives the monthly utilization.  The worker at the base station selects an automatic program that is particularly designed to save these values automatically to a database. Then, the values are uploaded and bills are created mechanically and sent to the user through GSM module without obstruction of any employees.
III. SYSTEM ANALYSIS
A water billing system involved flow sensor, gsm module, and microcontroller. Flow sensor is used to measure the flow of water, gsm module is use to send message to mobile, microcontroller is the main part of water billing system.
The process starts at the user’s property, the water flowing through the pipe will be sense using a flow sensor and the output provided by this sensor would be read by the Arduino board. Based on the flow sensor calibration factor, the number of liters of water utilized is determined. This is a continuous process until the water flow stop through the pipe. This collected data of the utilized water is transmitted to the control station through gsm. At the control station based on the liters of water utilized, amount will be calculated using Arduino controller. The bill will be stored in the controller and will be simplified as and when the data arrives. Using LCD display the reading is publicized, which is interfaced to Arduino. Meanwhile the same bill is sent to the customer using GSM technology , shows in fig.4.1.
mechanically and sent to the user through GSM module without obstruction of any employees.
V. FEATURES AND SPECIFICATION
The System supports a friendly and easy contact between users and Water Company. First of all, these smart electronic meters measure the water utilization using water flow sensor. These readings become visible on the LCD on the meter all the time. At the end of the month, these readings are transmitted routinely to the base station using GSM signal. At the same time, users receive message at their mobile phones at end of the month corresponding to their utilization. Moreover, users receive frequent SMS notifications when their readings get to the base station and saved into the data base and bills are ready.
In this project we made a automatic mechanism where the data will be sent to base station from GSM. Based on the data collected at base station, the calculation will be done and usage/ bill will be sent to consumer
The present water billing system used analog water meter. Modern Electronic tool such as water flow sensor is used in overcome basic limitation of analog meter such as low accuracy, avoid the human error while billing etc. From the case study, it is evident that flow sensor can produced very accurate result. The proposed system is cost effective and reliable system compared to present water billing system. The process of the monitoring water flow rate, transmitting the usage, calculating the bill etc. is through preprogrammed Arduino controller and hence no errors as it avoid human intervention. Also billing information is sent through SMS which is reliable communication technique and also helpful for the user and the users get the bill on time.
- Ravi hosamani, ravi bagade, “Arduino Based Water Billing System for Domestic Purpose” International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Research(IJMTER) Volume 2, Issue 6,[July 2015].
- Megha M Raykar, Parijata Vinod, Parinita Vinod, preethi K M, Lovee Jain ” Automated Water Billing with Detection and Control of Water Leakage “International Journal of Engineering Development and Research (IJEDR) Volume 3, Issue 2,[July 2015].
- Ravinder Kaur, Pooja Verma, “GSM Based Automatic Meter Reading” International Journal of Research in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IJRREEE) Volume 2, Issue 2, paper (91-94), April 2015.
- Yogendra P Joshi, M. B. Tadwalkar “Implementation of GSM Based Water Meter A Step towards Automation in Billing System” IOSR Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering ISSN: 2278-8735.Volume 9,Issue 4, Ver. I (Jul – Aug 2014).
- Sushas S; Sachin Jain, Vinay Kumar, Kumar C.P ,“Smart aqua meter”, Published in Electronics, Computers and communications (ICAECC), International Conference at Bangalore, 2014.
- Manisha V Shinde, Pradip W Kulkami “New Development in Energy Meter Reading System” international journal of Scientific Research and Management Studies (IJSRMS) volume 1 issue 4, pg.124-129, 2013.
- Yuzhu Sun, Dapeng Wu “Application of Long-distance Wireless Communication Technologies in Automatic Water Metering System” IEEE of Electronics and Communication October 2012.
- Bu- Islam NS, Wasi-ur-Rahman. “An Intelligent SMS based remote Water metering System”, Published in Computer and information Technology, 2009.
- Ka Lun Lam, Hoi Yan Tung; Lap To Lee, Kim Fung Tsang, “Zigbee automatic meter reading system-beeline of metering”, Published in Microwave Conference-APMC,2008.
- Gordan Struklec, Vedran Bilas ‘ Wireless Automatic Water-meter Reading system”, .XVIII IMEKO World congress- International Measurement Confederation. Pag. 1-6. Brazil, 2006.
- Hesham H. Hallal1, May Haidar2, Taha Barake1 Sami AlKhaldi3, Mohammad AlOrayfij3, Amal AlBalawi2, Raneem Aljehani2″ GSM-based Embedded Water Meter System”2003.
- Al-Qatari S.A, Al-Ali A,R. ,“Microcontroller Based Automated Billing System”, Published in Industrial
- Automation and Control: Emerging Technologies, 1995.
- Arduino Based Water Billing System for Domestic Purpose Ravi Hosamani1 Ravi Bagade, Dept.of Electronics and communication Engg. KLE Institute of Technology Hubballi, Karnataka, India.
- Electronic Water Billing System, Mark Ehab Shoukry, Michael Maher Ibrahim Electronics and Communication Department, MSA University Cairo, Egypt.
- Mark Ehab Shoukry, Michael Maher Ibrahim, Maher M.Abdel-Aziz, “Electronic Water Billing System”.Int’l
- Conf. Embedded Systems, Cyber-physical Systems, & Applications.
- Water Flow Sensor (YF-S201) Data Sheet.