A.Aishwarya Bante, B. Apurva Rangari, C. Mrunal Chincholkar, D. Nikita Umredkar, E. Prof. Shailesh Kurzadkar
1,2,3,4KDK College of Engineering, Nagpur, India
5KDK College of Engineering, Nagpur, India
Today red-light violation is one of the most common and serious problem which leads to the collision of millions of vehicles at the traffic light signals every year. So to give the punishment to the drivers who are violating red signals, we must identify the vehicle that violates the traffic light signals. The main objective of the project is to detect the traffic signal red light violator on road by means of RFID reader and RFID tag technology. The project will include deploying RFID tags on the vehicle and RFID readers at the signal. The RFID reader will be responsible to detecting the vehicle violating traffic rules. The RFID tag will have a unique ID. A red-light violation occurs when a vehicle try to cross the intersection at the junction. So to avoid this, we must identify the vehicle that violates the traffic light signals. The RFID tag details will be linked to the mobile number of the vehicle owner. Whenever a vehicle violates the traffic rules, the fine amount with all other details about the red signal violation like vehicle registration number, place and etc. will be messaged to the owner. Design an Intelligent traffic control system to detect the violator at traffic signals using RFID tag and readers. It improve the security in communication between RFID reader and tag.
Keywords: RFID reader, RFID tag, unique ID
India is the second most populous country in the world and is a fast-growing economy. Because of more population the growth in the number of vehicles is increasing exponentially day by day. But the infrastructure growth is slow due to space and cost constraints. As a result, India is facing terrible road congestion problems in its cities. The Radio Frequency Identification Technology displays a steady growth in various applications fields like commerce, logistics, medical science, security, access control, etc. The main objective of the project is to detect the traffic signal red light violator on road by means of RFID reader and RFID tag technology. The project will include deploying RFID tags on the vehicle and RFID readers at the signal. The RFID reader will be responsible to detecting the vehicles violating traffic rules.
II. RELATED WORK
- Ms. Pallavi Choudekar, Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Department of electrical and electronics Ghaziabad, UP, India Real Time Traffic Light Control Using Image Processing . IR Sensors are used calculate and analysis the density of vehicles which are fixed within the fixed distance. The system will detect vehicles through images rather using electronic sensors embedded in the pavement. A camera will e installed beside the traffic light. Camera will capture all the image sequences. The image sequence will then be analyzed and calculated using digital image processing for vehicle detection and accordingly traffic density conditions on the road, traffic light will be controlled.
- Journal of Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies (ISSN: 2347 – 2804) Volume No. 3 Issue No. 3, June 2015 56 Traffic Detection System Using Android. Traffic detection system using Android. It will measure and determine the behaviour of traffic in a particular location. It calculates the speed of the vehicle on the basis of sensors. If any such curb found, then driver will be provided an option to send message regarding high density traffic to his friends.
- International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 43- No.14, April 2012 38 RFID Technology for Smart Vehicle Control using Traffic Signal Speed Limit Tag Communication Used to reduce these reckless accidents for which, proposes a system that governs and controls the speed of the vehicle without any direct inconvenience to the driver.
III. RFID TECHNOLOGY
3.1 RFID Introduction
RFID stands for Radio-frequency identification. RFID Technology uses an electromagnetic fields to automatically identify and tracking tags attached to any vehicle or objects. RFID tags contain electronically stored information. There are three types of RFID tags such that Active Tag, Passive Tag and Semi-Passive Tag. An RFID system consist of three components: Antenna, transceiver and transponder. The RFID component on the tags be contained in two parts: a microchip that stores, processes and deal with the information and an antenna to receive and transmit a signal. To interprets the information encoded on a tag, a 2-way radio transmitter-receiver called a reader transmits a signal to the tag using an antenna. The tag responds the information written in the memory bank. The reader will emit the read results to an RFID computer program.
3.2 RFID Tags
Active tags has its own battery that is used for broadcasting signals over great distances. Generally, it is bigger in size and suited of carrying more information.
No internet power source. The power to tag is acquired by electromagnetic field generated by signals of RFID reader. It is much cheaper.
Semi- Passive Tag:
It is fixed with an on-board battery that drives the chip’s circuitry but power for communication of the signal is derived from the reader’s electromagnetic field as in the case of passive tags.
3.3 MFRC522 RFID Reader
RFID reader is a device used to gather information from an RFID tag, which is used to track individual vehicles or objects. Radio waves are used to transfer data information from the tag to a reader. The RC522 that is a 13.56MHz RFID module that is based on the MFRC522 controller from NXP semiconductors. The module can support I2C, SPI and UART and normally is shipped with a RFID card and key fob. The RC522 is a RF Module that consists of a RFID reader, RFID card and a key chain. The module operates 13.56MHz which is industrial (ISM) band and hence can be used without any license problem. The module operates at 3.3V typically and hence commonly used in 3.3V designs. It is normally used in application where certain person/object has to be identified with an unique ID.
3.4 Arduino Uno
The Arduino Uno is an open-source microcontroller based on the Microchip ATmega328P microcontroller and developed by Arduino.cc. The board consists the sets of digital and analog input/output (I/O) pins that may be interfaced with various expansion boards (shields) and other electronic circuits. The board consists of 14 Digital pins, 6 Analog pins, and programmable with the Arduino IDE (Integrated Development Environment) via a type B USB cable. It can be powered through the USB cable or by an external supply of 9-volt battery, though it accepts voltages between 7 and 20 volts. It is also similar to the Arduino Nano.
3.5 M590 GSM Module
M590 GSM Module is pure data communication module. It is an ultra-compact GSM/GPRS industrial wireless module, optional Dual band or Quad band. It provides a high-quality SMS, GPRS data connection for use in industrial and as well as in commercial fields.The GSM Module consists of 30 pins and regular AT commands. Its function is to send and receive messages.
3.6 16×2 LCD Display
LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) is an electronic display module that find a wide range of applications. A 16×2 LCD display is a common module and is widely used in various devices and electronic circuits. These modules are preferred over seven segments and other multiple segment LEDs. The reasons are LCDs are economical and are easily programmable and have no limitation of displaying special even custom characters animations and so on. A 16×2 LCD means it can display 16 characters per line and there are 2 such lines on display screen. In this LCD each character is displayed in the form of 5×7 pixel matrix. 16 Characters x 2 Lines Built-in HD44780 Equivalent LCD Controller Works directly with ATMEGA, ARDUINO, PIC ARM and 8051 many other microcontroller/kits ,4 or 8-bit data I/O interface Low power consumption Datasheet available on the Internet.
The project will include deploying RFID tags on the vehicle and RFID readers at the signal. The RFID reader will be responsible to detecting the vehicles violating traffic rules. The RFID tag will have a unique ID. A red-light violation occurs when a vehicle try to jump the intersection at the red traffic light. So, to give the penalty to the drivers of these vehicles, we must identify the vehicle that violates the signal..
The RFID tag details will be linked to the mobile number of the vehicle owner. Whenever a vehicle violates the traffic rules, the fine amount with all other details about the red signal violation like vehicle registered number, place and etc. will be messaged to the owner. Designing an Intelligent traffic control system to detect the violator at traffic signals using sensors, RFID tag and readers and improve the security and communication between RFID reader and tag. The RFID readers will be deployed at the signal junction. The RFID tag details, vehicle owner’s information such as vehicle registered number, mobile number and the location will be stored. Fine for violating the red signal will be estimated in prior. Taking into consideration a scenario of breaking a traffic signal, suppose once the red signal (Stop) turns on, the RFID reader will be activated. If any vehicle passes the stop signal, the reader will read the tag that violated the rule and will retrieve its information. The fine to be charged for breaking signal and the location will be send as notification to the owner through message.
This Project introduces a technology which will help to punish the culprit who are violating the signals. This technology will help directly to send message on to the mobile who has violated the signal. For this RFID technology is used to scan the Tag and find out who is violating the signal with help of reader. The decided amount for violation will be texted to violator’s registered mobile number.
This paper introduces a technology which will help to punish the culprit who are violating the signals. This technology will help directly to send message on to the mobile who has violated the signal. Detection of the traffic signal red light violator on road by means of RFID reader and RFID tag technology. It is designed to be executed in where the traffic signals are placed in order to reduce the traffic snarl-up in these junctions. For this it scans the Tag and find out who is violating the signal with help of reader.
VII. FUTURE SCOPE
Nowadays, the deployment of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology is increasing rapidly across many different industries. This project uses implementation of RFID system because presently it is most perfect thing which can be used in improving security in IOT. In this project, the RFID technology are used which is then used for identifying the signal violators and penalizing them. The main target of the project is to identify the violators and improving the security in communication between RFID tag and RFID reader. By the implementation of this project we are manage the traffic related problems efficiently and identify violators. After identifying the violators, we send a notification to him/her telling about the amount to be fined against them over signal violation. In coming future, we can update this project with additional main things. The additional things include automatic amount deduction from the violator’s bank account, and image capturing or detection as a proof of signal breaking or violation. Automatic Number Plate Recognition is a technique use image or video clip of license plate and then applies optical character recognition techniques to extract the number from the image and then makes use of this information to identify the vehicle identity.
- Journal of Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies (ISSN: 2347 – 2804) Volume No. 3 Issue No. 3, June 2015 56 Traffic Detection System Using Android.
- Ms. Pallavi Choudekar, Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Department of electrical and electronics Ghaziabad, UP, India, SAYANTI BANERJEE, Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Department of electrical and electronics, Ghaziabad, UP, India, Prof. M.K. MUJU, Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Department of Mechanical, Ghaziabad, UP ,India,‖ Real Time Traffic Light Control Using Image Processing‖,Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE),ISSN : 0976-5166 Vol.2 No.1
- International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 43- No.14, April 2012 38 RFID Technology for Smart Vehicle Control using Traffic Signal Speed Limit Tag Communication.
- Bhargavi Yadav N and B Mohan Kumar Naik, “RFID and ZIG BEE Based Intelligent Traffic Control System”, International Journal of Computer Engineering and Applications, ICCSTAR-2016, Special Issue, May.16
- Road accidents in India 2010, Ministry of road transport and highways transport research wing, Govt. of India
- Pezhman Niksaz, Science & Research Branch, Azad University of Yazd, Iran, “Automatic Traffic Estimation Using Image Processing “,2012 International Conference on Image, Vision and Computing.