Ms. Neha Bhondwe1, Ms. Madhuri Jamdal2 , Mr. Akash Bawankar4 , Ms. Gunjan Mokhede3, Vijay V. Chakole5
Electronics Department, K.D.K.C.E, Nagpur
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the project entitled as “HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” is to computerize the Front Office Management of Hospital to develop software which is user friendly simple, fast, and cost – effective. It deals with the collection of patient’s information, diagnosis details, etc. Traditionally, it was done manually. The main function of the system is register and store patient details and doctor details and retrieve these details as and when required, and also to manipulate these details meaningfully System input contains patient details, diagnosis details, while system output is to get these details on to the screen. The Hospital Management System can be entered using a username and password. It is accessible either by an administrator or receptionist. Only they can add data into the database. The data can be retrieved easily. The data are well protected for personal use and makes the data processing very fast.
The project Hospital Management system includes registration of patients, storing their details into the system, and also computerized billing in the pharmacy and labs. The software has the facility to give a unique id for every patient and stores the details of every patient and the staff automatically. It includes a search facility to know the current status of each room. User can search availability of a doctor and the details of a patient using the id. Hospital Management System is designed for multi specialty hospitals, to cover a wide range of hospital administration and management processes. It is an integrated end-to-end Hospital Management System that provides relevant information across the hospital to support effective decision making for patient care, hospital administration and critical financial accounting, in a seamless flow.
Hospital Management System is a software product suite designed to improve the quality and management of hospital management in the areas of clinical process analysis and activity-based costing. Hospital Management System enables you to develop your organization and improve its effectiveness and quality of work. Managing the key processes efficiently is critical to the success of the hospital helps you manage your processes.
2. Existing System
Hospitals currently use a manual system for the management and maintainance of critical information. The current system requires numerous paper forms, with data stores spread through out the hospital management infrastructure. Often information is incomplete or does not follow management standards. Forms are often lost in transit between departments requiring a comprehensive auditing process to ensure that no vital information is lost. Multiple copies of the same information exist in the hospital and may lead to inconsistencies in data in various data stores.
Hospital are the essential part of our lives, providing best medical facilities to people suffering from various ailments, which may be due to change in climatic conditions, increased work-load, emotional trauma stress etc. It is necessary for the hospitals to keep track of its day-to-day activities & records of its patients, doctors, nurses, ward boys and other staff personals that keep the hospital running smoothly and successfully. But keeping track of all the activities and their records on paper is very cumbersome and error prone. It also is very inefficient and a time-consuming process Observing the continuous increase in population and number of people visiting the hospital. Recording and maintaining all these records is highly unreliable, inefficient and error-prone. It is also not economically & technically feasible to maintain these records on paper. Thus keeping the working of the manual system as the basis of our project. We have developed an automated version of the manual system, named as “Administration support system for medical institutions”. The main aim of our project is to provide a paper-less hospital up to 90%. It also aims at providing low-cost reliable automation of the existing systems. The system also provides excellent security of data at every level of user-system interaction and also provides robust & reliable storage and backup facilities.
4. Scope of the Project
The proposed software product is the Hospital Management system (HMS). The system will be used in any hospital, clinic, dispensary or pathology labs. Clinic, dispensary or pathology to get the information from the patients and then storing that data for future usages. The current system in use is a paper based system. It is too slow and cannot provide updated lists of patients within reasonable timeframe. The intention of the system is to reduce over-time pay and increase the number of patients that can be treated accurately. Requirement statements in these documents are both functional and non-functional
This paper designed the given system in JSP to automatic the process of day to day activities of Hospital like Room activities, Appointment of New Patient, Discharge of Patient, Assign a Doctor, and finally computerized the bill etc
- The full set of rules, regulations & procedures related to Hospital day to day activities and creating report is called “HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM”. This project gives a concise idea related to automated Hospital activities.
- The following steps that give the detailed information of the need of proposed system are:
During last few decades, the hospital management system is has to maintain manual handling of all the hospital regular activities. The manual handling of the record is time consuming and highly prone to error. To increase the performance of the hospital management system, the computerized hospital management system is to be tackle. The hospital management project is fully computerized and user friendly even that any of the hospital staff can check the patient’s and the doctor’s report.
The basic need of the project is organization. The project should be capable for execute so that whenever a new patient is admitted, and they assigned a bed automatically and also doctor is assigned to the patient according to the patient’s disease. And if patient is getiing discharged, the bed assigned to him/her should automatically in the computer data.
The complete control of the project is under the hands of admin who has the password to access this project. All the control is under the administrator/admin and the other members have the rights to see the whole records doesn’t change any transaction or entry.
Security is the main criteria for the system. Since illegal accessing may corrupt the database of project and it will influence not only the hospital but also it affects the patient’s life.
Home Page –
Actor: Any users
1. Any user can browsers this page.
Admin login Page –
Actor: Admin users
Only Admin user can browsers this page. Admin user can search all patient appointment and all users’ activities.
Admin user details Page –
Actor: Admin users
Admin user can browsers this page. Admin user can view all modules here
Appointment History Page –
Output: Appointment History.
Admin user can browsers this page. Admin user can view all appointment history
User (Patient) login Page –
input:User email and Password Output: User profile page.
User Logs in with user email and password. Alternate Flow: If the user email is wrong then it is asked to login again. If the password is wrong then the user is asked to enter again.
User account create page
Input: User name, email, password and confirm password.
Output: Create a new user and show user profile page.
Password must be more than 8 cheater. Password and confirm password must be same Alternate Flow: If the mandatory fields are not fill up then alert is shown. If password less than 8 cheater or password and confirm password not match alert is shown.
User Details page
User must be fill up all input field. Alternate Flow: If the mandatory fields are not fill up then alert is shown.
Doctor Login page
User Logs in with user email and password.
Doctors detail page
Doctors must be fill up all input field.
Since we are entering details of the patients electronically in the” Hospital Management System”, data will be secured. Using this application we can retrieve patient’s history with a single click. Thus processing information will be faster. It guarantees accurate maintenance of Patient details. It easily reduces the book keeping task and thus reduces the human effort and increases accuracy speed.
- Nor Nisha Nazirun, Muhammad Shakhil, Phang Ren, Mohd Zaini (2017):“User acceptance ananlysis of hospital asset management system”, International Conference on Robotics, Automation and Sciences, 10.1109/ICORAS.2017.8308054.
- Obulor R., Eke B. O. (2016): “Outpatient Queuing Model Development For Hospital Appointment System”, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Science (IJSEAS), Volume 2, Issue 4, ISSN 2395-3470
- Sreekala P, Arpita Dan, Elizabeth M Varghese (2015): “Patient Waiting Time in Emergency Department”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 5, Issue 5, ISSN 2250-3153.
- Fatma Poni Mardiah , Mursyid Hasan Basri (2013): “The Analysis of Appointment System to Reduce Outpatient Waiting Time at Indonesia’s Public Hospital”, Human Resource Management Research, Volume 3, No. 1, ISSN: 2169-9607.
- Nidhi Malik, O.K. Belwal (2015): “Application of Queuing Theory to Patient Satisfaction at Combined Hospital”, International Journal of Science and Reserch (IJSR), ISSN 2319-7064
- Sam Afrane, Alex Appah (2014):”Queuing Theory and the Management of Waiting -Time in Hospitals: The case of Anglo Gold Ashanti Hospital in Ghana”, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Volume 4, No. 2 ISSN:2222-6990.
- Srividya Bhat, Nandini S. Sidnal, Ravi S. Malashetty, Sunilkumar. S. Manvi (2011): “Intelligent Scheduling in Health Care Domain”, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Volume 8, Issue 5, ISSN (online) 1694-0814.
- Adebayo Peter Idowu1, Olajide Olusegun Adeosun, Kehinde Oladipo Williams (2014): “Dependable Online Appointment Booking System for his Outpatient in Nigerian Teaching Hospitals”, International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology, Volume 6, No. 4, DOI:10.5121/ijcsit.2014.6405.
- A. Condotta, N.V. Shakhlevich (2014): “Scheduling Patient Appointment Via Multilevel Template”, Operation Research For Health Care, Volume 3, No. 3, ISSN: 2211-6923.
- Abhijit Chakravarty (2011): “Evaluation of Service Quality of Hospital Outpatient Department Services”, Medical Journal Armed Force India, Volume 67, issue 3